Normally we would collect some of the data that you share with us. Examples will include making an online purchase, registering a product, subscribing to our newsletter, or contacting our support with a query.
We may receive data from third-party partners if they have received consent to share your information with us for marketing or other purposes.
When we receive data, we take appropriate steps to protect it.
We store your name, email address, postal address, IP address and iLok account name. We store the date with each product purchased or registered.
We want to give you the best possible experience with Sonnox and our products. With this in mind, these data help us to provide you with:
- the latest information on new products, services, promotional offers, events and campaigns of Sonnox;
- customer support if you have queries or problems;
- access to your purchase history and available upgrades via ‘mySonnox’;
- personalised offers.
In addition, we store data to facilitate:
- Tax collection: we must retain certain information regarding sales to verify location for UK/EU tax reporting;
- Fraud protection: we undertake specific fraud prevention methods to protect credit card users in our e-commerce system.
There will inevitably be some services that we cannot provide for you without data retention.
Sonnox will not share your data with any third party unless it provides an essential service for you (or if we have a legal obligation to share that data). Examples include the electronic or dealer purchase procedures, iLok licence access or a partner promotion.
Sometimes we use data for analytical or marketing reasons, in which case the data is anonymised. Examples would include geographical analysis of sales success, geographically focussed promotions, or historical product sales curves.
We do not collect personal data or data from your device when using any Sonnox mobile device app.
You have many rights regarding your data. These include seeing what data we hold and modifying or deleting your data.